Tony and Sasha love their home and wanted to enjoy every inch of it, including the once-upon-a-time granny suite composed of a tiny kitchen and a little bath on the third floor. Despite their lack of attention to the 1980s details that had long passed its best-by date, the space was bright and airy, flooded with natural light. It was a perfect ingredient for a new, luxurious master bedroom and bath suite - with the emphasis on a wonderful bathtub for long, relaxing soaks. They were ready for a make-over.
Before I could make any dreams come true, I had to open up the entire third floor, front to back, down to the studs for a wide accessible space with high ceilings. Once the basic installations were done with, I divided the space into three zones: a spacious dressing room full of closets, a magical bath suite in the middle, and an elegant light-filled bedroom to finish off. I nestled a deep tub under the roof angle with a skylight above for a starry night soak. On its opposite wall, a long vanity with generous space for grooming and beside the tub, a frame-less glass stand-in shower with a bench for complete relaxation.
Author: Candice Olson
Photographer: Brandon Barre
Material: HI-MACS® Ultra White
- Waterproof light fixtures into the wall above the tub create beautiful backlighting.
- Installing the faucet and taps through the mirror saves counter space - above all, it looks really cool and ultra-modern.
- To ground natural light and this bright atmosphere, I chose a warm walnut stain for the vanity and built-in bench.
- Chrome sconces with fabric shades interpret traditional style in a modern material.
- I picked pure white slabs of clean, unpatterned quartz for the vanity, shower walls and tub deck to add to the suite's open, light atmosphere. An extra-wide quartz deck provides space for a wine glass and candles - for an ahhh- feeling. A scheme of watery greens and blues in beautiful tiles and custom-cut mosaic windows set off by crisp white stone surfaces create an airy spa look, inviting Tony and Sasha of hours of luxurious bath..
Also recommended ...